Last Revised: November 30,2020.
- Proprietary Rights. Unless otherwise noted, all written and/or other materials that are part of this Site, including information, images, illustrations, designs, icons, data, software, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds and other material (collectively “Content”), are protected by copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights, and these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or developed in the future. Except as provided in Section 2 below or authorized or licensed to User in writing, User shall not copy, modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, lease or rental of, create derivative works from or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, with the FBE’s prior written consent. All Content is copyrighted under United States and international copyright laws and (as between User and FBE only) FBE owns or has the right to use, to the fullest extent allowed by such laws, the copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of all Content. The trademarks, logos, tradenames and other marks on this Site are the property of their respective owners and are owned by, licensed to, or, where required, used with permission of FBE, and, as such, may not be reproduced, copied, or manipulated in any manner without the express written approval of the trademark owner. You may provide a hyperlink to this Site and individual records without the prior consent of FBE, but such hyperlinks must display the relevant page in the same form as this Site, without amendment or framing.
- Your Use of this Site.
- In addition to the types of Content described in Section 2.a. above, the following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is prohibited on this Site. You may not post, upload, display or otherwise make available Content that:
- that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is or advocates harassment or intimidation of another person;
- requests money from, or is intended to otherwise defraud, other Users of this Site or Service;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming” (or “spimming”, “phishing”, “trolling” or similar activities);
- promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
- contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other illegal manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or drugs, violating someone’s privacy, or providing, disseminating or creating computer viruses;
- contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
- impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- provides information or data you do not have a right to make available under law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
- disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to “scroll” faster than other Users are able to type, or otherwise negatively affects other Users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users or disseminates another person’s personal information without his or her permission; and
- publicizes or promotes commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
FBE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including removing the offending communication from this Site or Service and terminating or suspending access to this Site of such violators.
- Your use of this Site and Service, including all Content you post, must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You agree that FBE may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service or allow you to use this Site in the future; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of FBE or any other person.
- You may not post any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses in areas of your User profile that may be viewed by other Users. You agree that any Content you place on this Site to be viewed by other Users may be viewed by any person visiting this Site or participating in the Service.
- INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT FBE CURRENTLY DOES NOT CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECKS OR SCREENINGS ON ITS USERS. FBE ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ALL OF ITS USERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS USERS. FBE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS. FBE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS, AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
FBE is not responsible for the conduct of any User. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Site Users. FBE shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other Users, particularly if you decide to communicate outside of this Site or meet in person, or if you decide to send money to another Site User. You understand that FBE makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your compatibility with individuals you communicate with or meet through this Site. You should not provide personal or financial information (i.e., your credit card or bank account information) publicly, or otherwise send money, to others that you have only met through this Site, and FBE will not be responsible for any adverse consequences that may result should you do so.
- FBE DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS; (B) ANY THIRD PARTY SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM; (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF; (D) YOUR USE OF THIS SITE; OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT SHALL FBE’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY HEREUNDER EXCEED THE SUM OF $100.00. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND CLAIMS IN THE AGGREGATE, AND SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
- Registration and Account. In order to participate in certain areas of this Site, you may need to register for an account. You agree to (a) create only one account; (b) provide accurate, truthful, current and complete information when creating your account; (c) maintain and promptly update your account information; (d) maintain the security of your account by not sharing your password with others and restricting access to your account and your computer; (e) promptly notify FBE if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches relating to this Site; and (f) take responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and accept all risks of unauthorized access.
- Errors, Corrections and Changes. Although FBE attempts to ensure the integrity and accurateness of this Site, FBE makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of this Site. Occasionally there may be information on this Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. We reserve the right (and we will use commercially reasonable efforts) to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and will not be responsible for any damage that may occur as a result of such error, inaccuracy or omission, or correcting or attempting to correct the same. Additionally, we reserve the right to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- Notice and Takedown Procedures; and Copyright Agent. If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this web site by contacting FBE’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
FBE’s agent for copyright issues relating to this web site is as follows:
Family Business Enterprises, Inc.
9854 National Blvd., Suite 203
Los Angeles, CA 90034
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, FBE maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of this Site who are repeat infringers.
© 2017 Family Business Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.